Landscape Construction / Enhancement Foreman (Full-Time, Year Round for right candidate)
Compensation: $17/hr+, OT, Production Bonuses, Benefits
The Landscape Construction Foreman is a leadership position responsible for leading projects from start to finish. The position is responsible for timely, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient responses to client's and management's needs. The Landscape Construction Foreman will be responsible for leading a construction crew (typically 1-3 persons), to comply with the company's productivity requirements, policies, and safety regulations. This position requires rigorous physical work in which employees will engage in activities such as excavation/shoveling, tractor operation, planting/sod installation, hardscape installation, concrete, fencing/woodwork, boulder/rock installation, irrigation/trenching, mulching, heavy lifting and more. The Landscape Construction Foreman will also be responsible for the care and proper utilization of all equipment and tools. This position also requires such responsibilities as being in charge of daily project notes/photo taking, leadership, strong communication to management, fuel/equipment/materials usage notations and more. Leadership, Landscape Knowledge and Landscape Construction Experience is Required for this position.
* A high school diploma/some college is preferred and practical experience is required.
* Landscape Construction foreman is required to have at least 3 years industry experience in a leadership position.
* Ability to read and follow plans/design layouts, materials lists, guidelines, and apply necessary project timelines
* Knowledge and ability to operate powered machinery/tools to include: table saws, concrete/cut-off saws, sawzalls, chainsaws, jack-hammers, rototillers, aerators, power drills, vibrator plate compactors, rotary hammer, concrete mixers, concrete grinder and more.
* Knowledge of skid steer/tractor, backhoe and excavator knowledge is a PLUS.
* Must have knowledge of general excavation and tools usage to include: trenching, hand digging, post hole digging, fencing/retaining wall removals, soil excavation/backfill, stump/root removal and more.
* Must have knowledge of general landscape installation and design elements to include: planting/tree installation, sod installation, brick/paver installation, basic concrete installation (broom finish), dry creek/rock/boulder installation, retaining walls installation, drainage installation, fencing/arbor/trellis installation, basic irrigation installation and more.
* Knowledge of irrigation, lighting, outdoor bbq and water feature installation is a PLUS.
* Must be able to lift materials/items over 60 pounds. Heavy Lifting is required!
* Ability to work some weekends and/or in adverse weather conditions.
* MO Class-E Driver's License or equivalent & DOT Medical Card, or ability to quickly attain.
* Experience driving truck/trailer, and proficient at backing. Driving test will be administered.
Your compensation will be based upon your performance in production, teamwork, excellence, efficiency, and integrity.
Compensation will be based upon your knowledge and experience, with available production bonuses. Health/Dental/Life Insurance, PTO available after completion of eligibility period(s). We are a drug-free work place. Potential employment is subject to pre-employment drug screening and background check.