Hardscape Construction Foreman (Full-Time, Year Round for right candidate)
Compensation: $17/hr+ Based On Experience ($500 Signing Bonus)
Job description: The Hardscape Construction Foreman is a leadership position responsible for overseeing projects from start to finish. The position is responsible for timely, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient responses to client's and management's needs. The Hardscape Construction Foreman will be responsible for managing a construction crew (typically 1-3 persons), to comply with the company's productivity requirements, policies, and safety regulations. This position requires rigorous physical work in which employees will engage in activities such as excavation/shoveling, tractor operation, hardscape installation, concrete, fencing/woodwork, boulder/rock installation, irrigation/trenching, some planting/sod installation, mulching, heavy lifting and more. The Hardscape Construction Foreman will also be responsible for the care and proper utilization of all equipment and tools. This position also requires such responsibilities as being in charge of daily project notes/photo taking, leadership, strong communication to management, fuel/equipment/materials usage notations and more. Leadership, Landscape Knowledge and Landscape Construction Experience is Required for this position.
There are no particular education requirements to be a Hardscape Construction Foreman, however a high school diploma/some college is preferred and practical experience is required. NALP, ICPI and NCMA certifications are also beneficial.
- Hardscape Construction Foremen are required to have at least 4-5 years industry experience in a leadership position.
Foremen and Crewmen will perform projects at residential, industrial, commercial, government or public properties by performing the following duties with the following qualifications:
* Participate as an intricate member of a cohesive and unified team.
* Report to work during scheduled hours prepared and willing to complete assigned tasks.
* Work with team to ensure that Landscape Business Unit Goals are met.
* Complete assigned written documentation accurately and on time (time cards, equipment inspection forms, pesticide use records, work orders, purchase orders)
* Follow all safety procedures and utilize all PPE as trained by Monumental Outdoor. Complete Pre-task Hazard Risk Analysis sheets every day.
* Adhere to Lock-out, Tag-out program, as trained by Monumental Outdoor.
* Complete tasks assigned following all best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) as trained by Monumental Outdoor.
* Inspect, clean, and maintain Monumental Outdoor equipment. Complete required documentation.
* Ensure that quality standards are achieved on all projects completed.
* Always consider profitability when completing work and suggest improvements to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
* Have a positive attitude. Adhere firmly to Monumental Outdoor's no gossip policy and standards according to the Core Values
* Perform additional tasks as assigned my management.
* Read and follow plans/design layouts, materials lists, guidelines, and apply necessary project timelines.
* Foreman must manage and dispatch team/crew on landscape construction and enhancement projects.
* Enter/write daily job report data into computer or written forms for analysis.
* Foreman prepares, analyzes, and reports to management job costing reports.
* Maintain and operate equipment and vehicle with a preventative maintenance program.
* Manage and oversee materials/product inventory for each project.
* Order and schedule materials deliveries to yard or job-sites.
* Operate powered machinery/tools to include: table saws, concrete/cut-off saws, sawzalls, chainsaws, jack-hammers, rototillers, aerators, power drills, vibrator plate compactors, rotary hammer, concrete mixers, concrete grinder and more.
* Knowledge of skid steer/tractor, backhoe and excavator knowledge is a PLUS.
* Must have knowledge of general excavation and tools usage to include: trenching, hand digging, post hole digging, fencing/retaining wall removals, soil excavation/backfill, stump/root removal and more.
* Must have knowledge of general landscape installation and design elements to include: planting/tree installation, sod installation, brick/paver installation, basic concrete installation (broom finish), dry creek/rock/boulder installation, retaining walls installation, drainage installation, fencing/arbor/trellis installation, basic irrigation installation and more.
* Knowledge of irrigation, lighting, outdoor bbq and water feature installation is a PLUS.
* Must be able to lift materials/items over 60 pounds. Heavy Lifting is required!
* Foreman must implement and supervise safety program and ensures that routine safety meetings/inspections are held.
* Foreman must identify extra work on projects and prepare/submit change orders to estimating department for processing/approval.
* Ensure that as-built plans are complete and accurate where necessary.
* Foreman must conduct final walkthroughs with clients of completed projects. Operating instructions and key information will be presented to clients during this time.
* Foreman will promote landscape maintenance program offered by company where necessary.
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) communication is a big plus.
* The Foreman should have a strong working knowledge of all landscape construction equipment and tools.
Drivers license and DOT Medical Card required for Foreman position.
Performance skills and qualifications:
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. plus consistently throughout the day.
• Skid loader experience.
• Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
• Stoop, stand and bend for 10 hours or more a day.
• Strong knowledge of plant material, identification, and landscape installation practices.
• Ability to read scaled landscape designs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (MO Class E or equivalent) with a good record REQUIRED.
• Must have, or be able to quickly attain, DOT Driver Medical Card.
• Experience driving truck/trailer, and proficient at backing. Driving test will be administered.
• Drug free work environment.
Compensation will be based upon your knowledge and experience, with available production bonuses. Health/Dental/Life Insurance, PTO available after completion of eligibility period(s). We are a drug-free work place. Potential employment is subject to pre-employment drug screening and background check.