Landscape Construction / Enhancement Crewman (Seasonal position)
Compensation: $12+ Based On Experience
Job description: The Landscape Construction/Enhancement Crewman is a team-based position responsible for completing specific project tasks and is labor intensive. The position is responsible for timely, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient responses to client's and management's needs. The Landscape Construction/Enhancement Crewman will work with a construction crew (typically 1-3 persons), in which is overseen by the Landscape Construction/Enhancement Supervisor. This position requires rigorous physical work in which employees will engage in activities such as digging/excavation/shoveling, tractor operation, planting/sod installation, hardscape installation, concrete, fencing/woodwork, boulder/rock installation, irrigation/trenching, mulching, heavy lifting and more. The Landscape Construction/Enhancement Crewman will also be responsible for the care and proper utilization of all equipment and tools. This position also requires such responsibilities as general hauling of debris/lifting, operating power tools/equipment, working on ladders/hands-knees, mixing/loading fuel, materials preparation/loading, job site preparation/cleaning, cleaning vehicles/equipment, and more. (Reports directly to Foreman)
There are no particular education requirements to be a Landscape Construction/Enhancement Crewman, however a high school diploma/some college is preferred and practical experience is required.
- Landscape Construction/Enhancement Crewmen are required to have at least 1 year industry experience.
Crewmen will perform projects at residential, industrial, commercial, government or public properties by performing the following duties with the following qualifications:
* Participate as an intricate member of a cohesive and unified team.
* Report to work during scheduled hours prepared and willing to complete assigned tasks.
* Work with team to ensure that Landscape Business Unit Goals are met.
* Follow all safety procedures and utilize all PPE as trained by Monumental Outdoor.
* Adhere to Lock-out, Tag-out program, as trained by Monumental Outdoor.
* Complete tasks assigned following all best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) as trained by Monumental Outdoor.
* Inspect, clean, and maintain Monumental Outdoor equipment. Complete required documentation.
* Ensure that quality standards are achieved on all projects completed.
* Have a positive attitude. Adhere firmly to Monumental Outdoor's no gossip policy and standards according to the Core Values
* Read and follow plans/design layouts, materials lists, guidelines, and apply necessary project timelines.
* Maintain and operate equipment and vehicle with a preventative maintenance program.
* Operate powered machinery/tools to include: table saws, concrete/cut-off saws, sawzalls, chainsaws, jack-hammers, rototillers, aerators, power drills, vibrator plate compactors, rotary hammer, concrete mixers, concrete grinder and more.
* Knowledge of skid steer/tractor, backhoe and excavator knowledge is a PLUS.
* Knowledge of irrigation, lighting, outdoor bbq and water feature installation is a PLUS.
* Must be able to lift materials/items over 60 pounds. Heavy Lifting is required!
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) communication is a big plus.
Drivers license is preferred for Crewman but not required. Reliable transportation is required.
Performance skills and qualifications:
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. plus consistently
• Use hand tools and small equipment effectively.
• Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
• Stoop, stand and bend for 10 hours or more per day.
Compensation will be based upon your knowledge and experience. We are a drug-free work place. Potential employment is subject to pre-employment drug screening.