Lead Landscape Construction Technician (Full-Time)
Compensation: $18/hr, OT, Production Bonuses, Benefits
The Landscape Technician is responsible for a variety of job tasks (including physical labor) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. Job responsibilities also include utilizing various hand tools, power tools, and equipment to carry out specified job duties.
* Completion of vocational or technical training. Horticultural or Construction Degree a plus.
* Landscape Technician Certificate (NALP) - Or ability to obtain within 1 year
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in planting/tree installation, sod installation, brick/paver installation, basic concrete installation (broom finish), dry creek/rock/boulder installation, retaining walls installation, drainage installation, fencing/arbor/trellis installation, basic irrigation installation and more.
* Ability to survey and assess designated sites
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications, and apply necessary project timelines.
* Plant knowledge and identification, and experience in plant care
* Knowledge of irrigation, lighting, outdoor bbq and water feature installation is a PLUS.
* Competent in the use of power tools (quick cut saws, chain saws, plate tampers, power wheel barrows, skills saws, sod cutter, sprayer or duster, rototiller, drills, etc.)
* Physically fit with strong stamina
* Basic measurement and calculation skills
* Ability to follow safe working procedures
* Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license - MO Class E or equivalent & DOT Medical Card, or ability to quickly attain.
* Experience driving truck/trailer, and proficient at backing. Driving test will be administered.
Your compensation will be based upon your performance in production, teamwork, excellence, leadership, and profitability.
Compensation will be based upon your knowledge and experience, with available production bonuses. Health/Dental/Life Insurance, PTO available after completion of eligibility period(s). We are a drug-free work place. Potential employment is subject to pre-employment drug screening and background check.