Landscape Maintenance Foreman (Full-Time, Year Round for Right Candidate)
Compensation: $12+ Based On Experience
Job description: The Landscape Maintenance Foreman is a team-based position responsible for completing specific project tasks and is labor intensive. The position is responsible for timely, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient responses to client's and management's needs. The Landscape Maintenance Foreman will work with a maintenance crew (typically 1-3 persons). This position requires rigorous physical work in which employees will engage in activities such as mowing/trimming/pruning, lawn renovation, mulching, heavy lifting and more. The Landscape Maintenance Foreman will also be responsible for the care and proper utilization of all equipment and tools. This position also requires such responsibilities as general hauling of debris/lifting, operating power tools/equipment, working on ladders/hands-knees, mixing/loading fuel, materials preparation/loading, job site preparation/cleaning, cleaning vehicles/equipment, and more. (Reports directly to Field Manager)
There are no particular education requirements to be a Landscape Maintenance Foreman, however a high school diploma/some college is preferred and practical experience is required.
- Landscape Maintenance Foreman are required to have at least 3 years industry experience.
Technicians will perform projects at residential, industrial, commercial, government or public properties by performing the following duties with the following qualifications:
* Work with General manager and Field Manager to complete Landscape Maintenance Services, this may include, but is not limited to: pruning, mowing, pulling weeds, checking irrigation, chemical application, tree pruning, and all other landscape services assigned
* Participate as an intricate member of a cohesive and unified team.
* Report to work during scheduled hours prepared and willing to complete assigned tasks.
* Work with team to ensure that Landscape Business Unit Goals are met.
* Complete assigned written documentation accurately and on time (time cards, equipment inspection forms, pesticide use records, work orders, purchase orders)
* Follow all safety procedures and utilize all PPE as trained by MLO. Complete Pre-task Hazard Risk Analysis sheets every day.
* Adhere to Lock-out, Tag-out program, as trained by MLO.
* Complete tasks assigned following all best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) as trained by MLO.
* Inspect, clean, and maintain MLO equipment. Complete required documentation.
* Ensure that quality standards are achieved on all projects completed.
* Always consider profitability when completing work and suggest improvements to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
* Have a positive attitude. Adhere firmly to MLO's no gossip policy and standards according to the Core Values
* Perform additional tasks as assigned my management.
* Operate powered machinery/tools to include: commercial zero turn mowers, trimmers, blowers, rototillers, aerators, and more.
* Knowledge of irrigation, plant identification, and lawn pest identification is a PLUS.
* Must be able to lift materials/items over 60 pounds. Heavy Lifting is required!
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) communication is a big plus.
Drivers license, DOT Medical Card, & Clean Driving Record are required for Maintenance Foreman. Reliable transportation is required.
Performance skills and qualifications:
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. plus consistently
• Use hand tools and small equipment effectively.
• Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
• Stoop, stand and bend for 10 hours or more a day.
• Ability to be dependable, patient and a positive role model for all who work with them.
• Must have a valid driver’s license (MO Class E or equivalent) with a good record REQUIRED.
• Must have, or be able to quickly attain, DOT Driver Medical Card.
• Experience driving truck/trailer, and proficient at backing. Driving test will be administered.
• Drug free work environment.
Compensation will be based upon your knowledge and experience. We are a drug-free work place. Potential employment is subject to pre-employment drug screening.